Welcome to the Noble Canyon 50k website.
The Noble Canyon 50k is run each year in the beautiful mountains in
east San Diego county and was established by the San Diego Bad Rats,
these experienced ultrarunners man each aid station. Scott
Mills was the founding race director and today Brian Gonzales is the
race director. The race is operated by Cliffs and Meadows LLC
and is a USATF sanctioned event which is run on National Forest
- Fern Blanco defends his win from
last year and kisses the rat first at the 10th running of the
Noble Canyon 50k in 4:20:55!
- Cara Pozun wins it for the women in 5:35:38!
- We had 217 starters and 206 runners kiss the rat, another
high 95% finish rate and a record number of finishers!
- Complete results are now posted!
- We had eight 5X finishers! Paul Escola, Jason Hennick, Anne
Langstaff, Mariano Orlando, Robert Pardy, Steve Tally, Leslie
Valladares, and Bryce Williams!
- Three runners finished the San Diego Ultraslam Series!
Christopher Bronson, Larry Cochran, and Jesus Garcia-Fernandez
- And four runners who have run every Noble completed their
10th year! Iso Yucra, Scott Crellin, Michael Welch, and Joey
- Congratulations again to all participants and THANK YOU
again to all the special volunteers.
If you have race reports or photos to share let me know so I can
post them on the website (
2016 winner Fern Blanco and 2016 female winner Cara Pozun!
BIG TREE AID STATION